Now Organizations Can Easily Understand and Compare Their Own Cyber Profiles and to Their Industry for Improved Risk Management Decision-Making
June 3, 2015 – Sterling, VA - SurfWatch Labs, a provider of cyber risk intelligence solutions, today announced the general availability of SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud, which allows organizations to compare their evaluated cyber event data to a broader set of intelligence for enriched risk management analysis and insights. By providing the ability to safely and cost-effectively submit, store, analyze and share their own evaluated security intelligence data in the cloud with trusted employees, partners, vendors and customers, SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud helps organizations make more informed risk management decisions and ensure long-term cyber resilience.
"The traditional approach to threat intelligence is flawed in that it's not about only looking inside your organization, and it's not solely about pulling in as much Open Source Intelligence as possible," said Jason Polancich, Founder and Chief Architect, SurfWatch Labs. "With SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud, organizations can essentially create their own private ISAC where they can securely share risk intelligence and collaborate within their organization's business units as well as with their trusted vendors and partners – ultimately helping everyone make more informed cyber risk management decisions."
SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud leverages the proprietary SurfWatch CyberFact Data Model, which transforms raw cyber event information into an intuitive dataset that drives evaluated business intelligence analysis for improved risk mitigation. A CyberFact consists of an Actor - who conducted the attack, Target - what information/systems were targeted, Effect - what was the impact of the attack and Practice - what method was used, along with other key metadata and information such as the target industry sector. CyberFacts are the basis for deriving business intelligence insights to questions such as "Was there a data breach in my organization's supply chain in the past month?"
Additional key features of SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud include:
- Secure Cyber Data Submission – Subscribers can easily submit CyberFacts through a web interface. SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud securely stores these CyberFacts for use by the providing organization to correlate their cyber event insights with the intelligence available in SurfWatch Analytic and/or SurfWatch C-Suite.
- Cyber Event Data Visualization - Organizational cyber event data can be viewed and analyzed over time via powerful, yet practical business intelligence visual analytics. SurfWatch C-Suite subscribers can instantly visualize, compare and analyze their internal cyber risk intelligence to a broader set of intel.
- Personalized Cyber Risk Alerts – With SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud, organizations can create alerts and share critical time-sensitive information with designated internal groups as well as authorized external vendors, partners and customers.
SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud pricing starts at $5,000 and is available now. Request a 1-on-1 real-time demonstration of SurfWatch Cyber Risk Cloud.
About SurfWatch Labs
SurfWatch Labs was formed in 2013 by former US Government intelligence analysts to help organizations understand their unique cyber risks from a higher level, business intelligence perspective. SurfWatch cyber risk intelligence solutions provide relevant, timely and tailored information that allows you to:
- Easily visualize and comprehend how cybercrime affects all aspects of the business
- Continuously monitor cyber risk key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Ensure that the most effective risk management strategies are implemented
Instead of providing overwhelming amounts of low-level threat intelligence that can bury an information security team in data, SurfWatch delivers cyber risk insights in a complete business context – so you immediately know your greatest exposures, the impact on your business and how to quickly mitigate the risk.
SurfWatch Labs: Cyber In Sight. For more information, visit www.surfwatchlabs.com.