Latest Release of SurfWatch C-Suite Helps Organizations Tailor Cyber Risk Intelligence to their Key Business Areas for Improved Cyber Resilience
April 7, 2015 — Sterling, VA - SurfWatch Labs, a provider of cyber risk intelligence solutions, today announced the latest version of SurfWatch C-Suite, an executive-level dashboard application that provides personalized KPI-driven analytics and insights to help measure and drive an organization's cyber security strategy. This new release of SurfWatch C-Suite helps bring security teams and management together to effectively monitor, measure and understand the impact of cyber risks according to an organization's key business areas, such as Brand and Reputation, Customers and Suppliers, IT Infrastructure and Financials.
"When it comes to cyber security, most organizations do not view it in the same manner as they would other critical business operations, such as sales and finances, but as we've seen over and over again, cyber has a major impact on the business," said Jason Polancich, Founder and Chief Architect, SurfWatch Labs. "This latest release of SurfWatch C-Suite extends our vision of treating cyber security as a key business function by linking an organization's unique cyber risks to their business operations. Now organizations will be able to identify cyber risks and the potential impact by their key business areas to help drive a more informed cyber strategy over the long haul."
By leveraging the proprietary SurfWatch CyberFact Data Model, which transforms raw cyber event information into evaluated business intelligence analysis for improved risk mitigation, SurfWatch C-Suite makes it easy for security professionals to easily communicate cyber risk insights to management in terms the business can understand.
Key features announced today further enhance the personalization and understanding of cyber risks and their impact to the business:
- Cyber Risk Mapping to Key Business Areas (KBAs) – SurfWatch C-Suite allows security professionals to map CyberFact data tags to their specific Key Business Areas – Brand and Reputation, Customers and Suppliers, IT Infrastructure and Financials – for highly relevant alerting, tracking and analysis of potential cyber threats over time. Executives and business analysts can then view analysis in real time of the organization's exposure to cyber risks broken down by each KBA.
Ask the Analyst –
SurfWatch C-Suite users now have direct access to SurfWatch Cyber Data Analysts, who can help answer questions about the intelligence derived from SurfWatch Analytic and explain cyber trends and cyber problems that are impacting a user's organization. Examples of questions that SurfWatch Cyber Data Analysts can respond to are:
- Can you help me determine if I am well positioned for current cyber risks?
- Can you give me some analysis of what actor/target/effect/practice events are occurring against my current operating environment?
- Can you provide additional information regarding this specific actor/target/effect/practice and give me some additional context to what it means?
- What does the high level cyber security regulatory landscape look like for my industry? Are there any trends that I should be aware of?
- Can you please explain what this chart means? How do I build a custom dashboard?
- Executive Daily Brief – Now SurfWatch C-Suite users can receive an easy-to-read, daily overview of cyber threats and industry news customized for their organization. C-Suite bases this customization on a user's own definition of their organization's Key Business Areas. As a part of the new Daily Brief, users will see a cyber risk rating that highlights the current state of the organization's cyber risk using Activity, Novelty, Impact, and Trend analysis.
- Request a 1-on-1 real-time demonstration of SurfWatch C-Suite
- Sign up for a free 14 day trial of SurfWatch C-Suite
About SurfWatch Labs
SurfWatch Labs was formed in 2013 by former US Government intelligence analysts to help organizations understand their unique cyber risks from a higher level, business intelligence perspective. SurfWatch cyber risk intelligence solutions provide relevant, timely and tailored information that allows you to:
- Easily visualize and comprehend how cybercrime affects all aspects of the business
- Continuously monitor cyber risk key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Ensure that the most effective risk management strategies are implemented
Instead of providing overwhelming amounts of low-level threat intelligence that can bury an information security team in data, SurfWatch delivers cyber risk insights in a complete business context – so you immediately know your greatest exposures, the impact on your business and how to quickly mitigate the risk.
SurfWatch Labs: Cyber In Sight. For more information, visit www.surfwatchlabs.com.